Thread: eReader Size
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 05:13 AM   #6
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
I don't like devices - readers, phones, cameras - getting too small. I have hands large enough that I can pick up a basketball single-handed from the top, so small devices make me feel like I'm handling scale models from a doll's house, and after a time my hands start to cramp.

That's one reason I bought the iRiver Story - it's almost identical in dimensions to a Kindle 2, but at the time Kindles weren't available here in Australia, and I made the conscious choice not to get locked into proprietary formats. The Story is large enough to feel comfortable in my hands, it's light overall but still heavy enough to have some heft and feel sturdy, and it has enough frame around the screen that I can hold it securely without getting fingerprints on the glass. All of that appeals to me.

But that's my take. I realise it won't match the majority view.
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote