View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 12:44 PM   #12
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
couuld calibre ( maybe with the aid of a plug in tweak) search amazon etc for metadata relating to audio books - like who the reader / actors are ?
Yes, a specific metadata source written to get that information could do omse of that. Right now the metadata plugins like Amazon specifically try to search for books and exclude/filter out audio books, cds, dvds etc. You could instead do a plugin that specifically only retrieved that information.

As for "other data", well there you may run into issues. I raised this topic on a thread in the developer forums quite a while ago, when talking about whether for instance a metadata plugin could retrieve the price for a book so a user could put it into a custom column. I don't think with the API as it stands for 0.8 that this is possible, as "merging" results only picks specific attributes that it is expecting to be present. So unless you want it all munged into the "comments" field I think you would be out of luck.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote