View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 08:30 AM   #20
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampshire Nanny View Post
Although I've only listened to books from Audible.com so far, I've been downloading the books from this summers SYNC offering. Since they're a series of MP3 files, they need to be organized in a playlist of some sort so that they play in the right order. Don't know what app to use on the iPhone to listen to these books. Any suggestions?
You can do as Synamon recommended, or I've said I like the SmarterPlayer app which has a nice functionality.

Quote:
I love the idea of listening while swimming. I plan to start swimming laps when I retire and will no longer be spending 3/4 of each month away from hme. I'll definitely be researching a good waterproof player and headphones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I mostly listen on my iPhone using the Audible or Overdrive apps. I use Plantronics wireless headphones. I also have an old Apple Shuffle that is good for loading one book at a time. I never thought about swimming and listening to audiobooks. What an interesting idea! I must research that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I've done it with poolside speakers, but never with in-ear waterproof speakers and a Bluetooth device in a waterproof cover. Unfortunately, we no longer have a pool, although the wife keeps making noises about getting a new one.
You don't even have to get that fancy (*cough* pricey). This is the Aerb mp3 player I have and the earbuds are the type that plug into the device. The player itself works flawlessly, but while I'm satisfied, I know from reading the reviews of this and other players that many need to invest in upgraded plug-in earbuds.

This is the first summer I'm swimming with an mp3 player and I'm delighted (indeed, I haven't been listening to audiobooks for very long). I love to swim, but tedium used to set in before exhaustion.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote