View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 11:43 PM   #15
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
I know what to download. There are issues with that site and adware I just did a test by disabling Java Sponsors in my registry and now the website will not even fully load. The adware on that site is so in control that anytime you download calibre you are also downloading the adware and it is installing right along with calibre.
Sorry folks but I am an IT professional and I have my ways of find this out.
I think I've downloaded and installed every release of calibre for the last three years. I have never seen any adware attached to it.

The ads on the right side of the page have always been there and occasionally there is something that looks like a download link for calibre. This as gotten people into trouble. The ads on the page are from Google. I have no idea how that would relate the "Java Sponsors". I would have expected them to be completely separate, though maybe it uses Google for ads.

Can you post the actual link that the page has for the download? Or a screenshot of the page. This is to confirm to us that the link is getting to you correctly and the page is displaying as we are seeing it.

And I am also an IT professional. I've spent far to much time fixing problems where the user "hasn't changed anything" or "How could clicking on a link do that". And that includes PCs owned by other "IT professionals".
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote