View Single Post
Old 04-17-2016, 06:50 PM   #59
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I'm probably going to get laughed at for feeling the need to point this out, especially two months after the most recent post, but there might be a Clip+ lover out there who finds it helpful.

The Clip+ does support FM recording. BUT, and this is a big but, I think there were two Clip+ models. I dunno. What I do know is that I have updated to the most recent firmware, V01.02.18A (2011, I believe) and I have FM recording as an option. So maybe a firmware addition?

Yes, that's right, I still have my Clip+ that I bought due to recommendations here back in 2011. I use it for my Old Time Radio files, mostly, and full-length concert albums. Because my Ipod Touch only has so much space, you know. Have to draw that line somewhere. And OTR works well with audiobook-ish functionality, so there's that.

I have to admit, the Clip+ sounds just as good as the Touch but, for the love of all that is holy and overpriced, don't tell anyone I said that. My Touch excels at many, many things, but when it comes to just playing something, the Clip+ is still very much a contender. I've looked at the newer Clip models but they don't move me to upgrade.
No laughing. Your post is quite relevant and helpful. I have several Clip+s that are still running V01.02.15A and they don't have FM record, so it looks like FM record was added with the later firmware upgrade. Unfortunately, I can't test it out because SanDisk's software is not compatible with my Chromebook. I'll have to wait until I can access a Windows PC.

Thanks - I'll revise the OP
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote