View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 11:37 AM   #66
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
LG Tribute HD

I picked up the LG Tribute HD to replace my Moto E2. The reason I got a new audio player is because one of my brothers needed a phone to use as a pocket tablet. Instead of getting him a new phone, I decided to upgrade to Marshmallow and give him my Moto E.

My primary use for this device is to play audiobooks and music. I will not activate it for use as a phone. The first thing I did before turning it on was to remove the nano sim card. After going through the initial setup, I never get prompts to activate it. I have an icon at the top of the display telling me the sim card is missing, but that's it. And I don't even have airplane mode on.

First impressions --> LG | Boost | Best Buy | Amazon

Price: $20 from Best Buy on Black Friday 2016 ($80 retail)

Release: this is a new phone from LG and was released on 03 Oct 2016.

Specs: And 6.0, 1.3GHz quad CPU, 1.5GB RAM, 16GB ROM, 5.0" 294ppi display, 8MP rear cam w/ flash, 5MP front cam, FM radio.

Size: this thing is super slim and way too thin for me. The ghost of Steve Jobs must've designed it. So instead of a normal case, I'll be getting a rugged case to add some much-needed bulk to the device. It's also about an inch longer than my Moto E.

Sound: the speaker is not super loud, but is loud enough to hear when near you. It'll work just fine for audiobooks, news, and other non-music audio just nicely. Music plays okay, but I want bass; so I'll hook it up to a bluetooth speaker for that.

Storage: 16GB, but only 10.24GB of user available storage.

mSD Card: up to 32GB, but I was able to pop in the 64GB card from my Moto E and play content from it. That card has 59.46GB of user available storage. So out of 80GB of total storage, I get 69.7GB to work with.

Battery: 2,100 mAh & removable. The battery is small for a device this size, but in order to get a phone this thin, they had no choice but to skimp on the battery. I really wish the phone was much thicker so they could shove a battery at least as big as the LG Volt's 3,000 mAh battery.

Color: it's white. I hate white. Soon it'll get covered up with a nice black case.

more to follow...

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-30-2016 at 04:27 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote