View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 09:56 AM   #68
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alohamora View Post
This may be old news to many of you, but I just found that my library has a "new" app for borrowing and listening to audiobooks, Hoopla. They let us borrow up to 7 audiobooks a month. Some of the selections overlap what's available in Overdrive, but some different and theres no waiting for books, everything is available immediately. You can stream or download for offline listening.

One drawback, it won't load on my older devices. The specs say it needs Android 4.1, but it won't load on my 4.4. It does run on my newer tablet.
Hoopla has a some good content, but I find the Android app to be so poorly built as to be unusable.

I even started a thread on it:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=277617

When you get a chance to use it for a while, I'd like to hear your experiences.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote