View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 11:29 AM   #56
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by awelow View Post
Is it safe to update to the last fw? I think it's 5.11.2. Because if I have to update, I do not understand so that updates with kual + and helper + are prevented.

I have used Koreader, it is configured so that as a screensaver the book that is being read appears, after a night in standby and 1 hour of reading, it has consumed 15-20% of battery. It is normal?
It's mostly the automatic updates we try to avoid.

Did you use the Prevent OTA Updates in the Helper+ add-on? That made a big difference in battery drain on my PW4. It creates both the blocking directory and a SKIP_UPDATE_CHECK file.

The PW4 is very aggressive phoning home and checking for updates. The update.bin.tmp.partial folder only blocks updates from downloading. The SKIP_UPDATE_CHECK file prevents it from phoning home (which uses a lot of battery).
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote