View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 02:45 PM   #6
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorman42 View Post
1) Is it correct to have under Preferences/Plug-ins/Device interface plug-ins the Kobo TouchExtended plug-in active and the Kobo Touch plug-in disabled? I got this from the Wiki but I'm not sure.
Yes it's advisable to have one of the drivers enabled and the other disabled.

If you have the Kobo Utilities plugin installed (also advisable) there is a convenient option (on the 'Driver' submenu) to do the switch between the 2 calibre drivers if you need to. There's also an option to configure the current calibre driver.

Quote:
2) I now have set up things for Collections to be generated according to the Series metadata. On copying the files from Calibre to Kobo, they are converted to kepubs and placed under a collection with the same name as the series metadata. This is good.
What I wanted to understand is if it's normal for me not to be able to manage Collections when on the Device tab, in Calibre. I right click on an e-book but I don't have any option to manage the collection metadata from there. Am I missing something or is this normal behaviour.
I don't think I understand the question. If you've set up the calibre driver to create Collections from Series (in the driver config 'Collections, covers & uploads tab) then all you need to do is put the correct Series value in calibre's Series column. Your Kobo should reflect any changes you make the next time you connect the Kobo to calibre via USB.

Quote:
3) I read around that it should be possible to have the advanced settings for fonts one sideloads. How can I achieve this? I'll search for this and in case will report back if nobody answers.
This is what's known as a kobopatch. Here's a link to the kobopatch thread for the latest firmware (4.18.13737). You'll find a similar thread every time a new firmware is released. The patch you will need to enable is called Freedom to advanced fonts control (in libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml). It is only one of many patches you can enable to customise your Kobo. You'll probably need to set some time aside if you're new to patching.

Quote:
4) Is the user davidfor the author of the plug-ins I see under David Forrester?
Yes, it is.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote