View Single Post
Old 12-24-2020, 11:01 AM   #3
Neru
!!!
Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.

Device: Boox Note 2, Boox i86
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwwalker View Post
I replaced the stock battery in my Note 10.3 with a replacement battery from Aliexpress. The stock battery is 4100mAhr, the replacement is 6800mAhr(!).

Same physical size, but the replacement battery has a tiny circuit board (I assume to help manage the battery charge better - the stock battery had none, probably why the battery crapped out in just over 2 years).

Soldering skills are necessary(!), I am not great, but with a bit of liquid flux, I tinned the wires on the motherboard and soldered the battery wires to them - it worked out.

The stock battery is held down with two strong adhesive strips, if you pry carefully the adhesive stays on the gray subframe and not the battery - be careful to pry only where the gray subframe is.

I had to bend the three wire leads carefully so they would not be pinched by the raised ridge of the gray subframe upon reassembly.

My Boox back case was already cracked in 2 corners and chipped in a third - it is a design weak point - be prepared for case damage if you try to take the case off for battery change.

Photos here:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/nDqRWJTb43D9vsTT9

Battery link is here, I can't vouch for the safety or ultimate compatibility, but the battery is the same size.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3286...36214c4dTymZV7
Oh no. The same seller I bought from. My battery already is dead after approx 5 months of use. The seller did read my messages (it was shown as 'read' in aliexpress chat) but never answered back when I was complaining about it slowly dying. Eventually I contacted Aliexpress support and they send him an email and the seller answered 'oh sorry I did not see the email' and asked me to ship it to them if I wanted a replacement which would take more than 2 months for a round trip and then again I am not sure how long this replacement battery would live. When I explained this to the seller they simply responded 'ok'. That's all of their response after two months of complaining.

I am currently searching for replacement one as its actually not advisable to work with Note without a charger- it sometimes would die in the middle of sketching or writing and the progress would be lost. It simply lost its portability. I have read someone using original Asus Nexus 7 battery in their boox Max but I am not sure how would it go into Note since its capacity is a bit smaller. Although the dimensions seem good.

Last edited by Neru; 12-24-2020 at 11:05 AM.
Neru is offline   Reply With Quote