View Single Post
Old 03-24-2021, 11:03 AM   #3
tryol
Warm Lighting Enthusiast
tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (jailbroken)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiko View Post
Thanks a lot for the jailbreak!

I have a PW3, firmware 5.12.3.

Jailbreak works perfectly:
Code:
Loaded logging functions
Didn't find existing developer key
Created developer key
Updated permissions for developer key
Finished installing jailbreak, restarting..
However, the next step, installing the JB Hotfix doesn't work. The "Update your Kindle" fails with "Error 007 - The update was unsuccessful". Any idea on what I am doing wrong?
If that doesn't work, that'd mean that the jailbreak failed to install the developer keys. Sending you a PM in a few minutes.

Edit: Never mind, seems like your account is too new and I can't PM you.

Can you try running the exploit again to see if the log says "Removed existing developer key" instead of "Didn't find existing developer key"? If that ends up being the case, that means that you're doing something wrong when you're trying to install the JB Hotfix. Don't worry about running it again, even if u ran it a 100 times nothing bad would happen, it's made with that in mind.

Please let me know how it went!

(Hopefully the logging can be updated to check if the file gets created correctly soon, so others won't have to run it twice.)

Edit: This issue has been resolved, the jailbreak failed for devices >= 5.12.x, but now it works.

Last edited by tryol; 03-24-2021 at 03:16 PM. Reason: The issue has been resolved
tryol is offline   Reply With Quote