View Single Post
Old 03-24-2021, 09:42 PM   #46
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
The KUAL thing is actually "normal". I had only rebuilt the JB hotfix packages., not the KUAL ones.

Which wasn't a real loss, because apparently the rebuilt stuff still fails, so, someone with that FW version will have to check their Settings menu and send me a snapshot of the Version popup, and/or a verbose syslog after a hotfix deletion. (Enter ;debugOn in the Homescreen's search bar; then drop the hotfix .bin over USBMS; then eject; then ;dm in the search bar. That's if memory serves me, which it might not, as I haven't touched a Kindle in years. If in doubt, run a search on my handle, as I should have asked people for this very thing approximately seven billion times over the last 10 years.).

In the meantime, if you do go the roundabout way: do (re-)install the *bridge* via MRPI after that, because coplate's packages are horribly outdated and/or ship a buggy version of the bridge code that was never meant to handle current FW versions.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 03-24-2021 at 09:54 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote