View Single Post
Old 12-26-2021, 11:14 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
I don't have a Clara HD, so can only answer some of your questions.

- the Libra 2 screen is excellent. The text is very sharp and dark, the light is even. I think it has better contrast than the Clara, as the Libra 2 uses a newer Carta 1200 screen. But as I said, I don't own a Clara, so don't take this as a fact.

- the software is the same on both and it's pretty hackable. You can patch and install alternative readers (Plato, KOReader), custom screensavers, custom fonts, custom dictionaries etc. Also manage your metadata and collections automatically via Calibre.

- the hardware of the Libra 2 is not really hackable, from what I've gathered. But I may be wrong. No idea about the Clara.

- the resolution is the same on both (300 ppi), so I don't see any reason for the Libra 2 to be slower.

Sorry, I don't use the dark mode, KOReader or any other formats besides epub/kepub, so can't answer that.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote