View Single Post
Old 02-22-2022, 07:15 AM   #35
mitseas
mitseas began at the beginning.

Device: bq Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
Yup. I need to update OP. The answer is: you can't follow this guide anymore and there're no alternatives AFAIK.

A motivated user could try to open the device, find the serial port, solder it to a TTL USB serial, hook it to a computer and see if you get a login prompt (and hope there's no password in there).

Honestly I've never played with stock firmware, so I'm not sure how hardened it is. I guess not much and, once you get shell access, you can start tweaking things in the root filesystem without problems.
I have bought a Cervantes 4 from BQ back in the day, last time I tried to open it It didn't want to start some led blinking and the backlight turned on while the display never showed anything. Anyway I opened up the device and there are indeed serial debugging pins 2 of them from a glance. I attached my Arduino on one and I got to a login screen. All combinations I tried didn't work but I'm not giving up yet. I would like to offer you ssh access to the machine connected so you can try and see if we can manage something. If yoy would be interested in that Pazos tell me.
Just to make sure, if I am still in stock I can't install the Developers Edition somehow because it needs to connect with some server which is not up?
mitseas is offline   Reply With Quote