View Single Post
Old 03-31-2022, 01:17 PM   #23
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You don't need Libby to download .acsm files. You can do it with a web browser.
Yes, I'm aware of that. I was highlighting what the Libby app can and cannot do. What's unclear is how far Overdrive is going with Libby. They are planning to phase out the Overdrive mobile and desktop apps with a stated target date of end of 2022. Will they also be replacing the Overdrive browser interface with the Libby browser interface? Who knows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That's wrong, Libby does allow you to download eBooks so you do not have to stream. I have an audiobook downloaded on my phone right now that was downloaded using Libby.
You're missing the point. Catlady's concern was being able to download mp3 files to transfer to an mp3 player, and there is no Libby desktop app that allows you to do that. You must listen to audiobooks using the Libby mobile app or Libby browser app. You can download audiobooks to the Libby mobile app for offline listening within the Libby app, but there does not appear to be a sanctioned way to get those offline files out of the mobile device for transfer to another device. There is no download option for the Libby browser app; it appears to be streaming-only.

@Catlady, there is mention of downloading to an SD card on Android devices. Maybe there is hope there: https://help.libbyapp.com/en-us/6118.htm#aanchor105
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote