View Single Post
Old 04-01-2022, 01:54 PM   #32
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
Unfortunately, I don't have an Android device to test this on, and Libby files on Apple devices appear to be inaccessible.

That said, I'm still using Overdrive. My forays with Libby are just for testing purposes. Using Libby has not affected my ability to use Overdrive. So I suspect you can test Libby yourself without risk to your current Overdrive setup. If you do, I'd be interested in the results.
I'm really, really chicken about trying Libby--I've had too many instances of trying out some program that then makes all kinds of changes that are time-consuming to undo.

Quote:
Re: Kobo — I've never bought an audiobook from Kobo. How do you download them? Can you do so from the Kobo website or do you need a Kobo device or Android device?
It's been a while, but I used the Kobo app on my Android phone--which makes me think there was no way to download directly to my computer. My recollection is that you need to use an older version of that app (I have version 8.2.1); the newer ones wouldn't give you access to the mp3 files. The files were numbered 1, 2, 3, etc., and to play them outside the app, you just needed to add the .mp3 extension.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote