View Single Post
Old 04-01-2022, 03:29 PM   #33
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I'm really, really chicken about trying Libby--I've had too many instances of trying out some program that then makes all kinds of changes that are time-consuming to undo.
I understand. Trying Libby did not mess anything up when I tested it and went back to Overdrive, but YMMV.

Quote:
It's been a while, but I used the Kobo app on my Android phone--which makes me think there was no way to download directly to my computer. My recollection is that you need to use an older version of that app (I have version 8.2.1); the newer ones wouldn't give you access to the mp3 files. The files were numbered 1, 2, 3, etc., and to play them outside the app, you just needed to add the .mp3 extension.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You can download audiobooks with Kobo desktop and Kobo Readers that support audiobooks such as the Libra 2.
@JSWolf, are you sure you can download audiobooks with Kobo desktop?

I just went to Kobo Help pages and it says: "Audiobooks cannot be played: in Kobo Desktop ..."

https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/artic...ort-audiobooks
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote