View Single Post
Old 04-17-2022, 05:01 PM   #34
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW1
@katadelos Any idea if this exploit works on firmware 5.14.0.1? My PW5 arrived yesterday with that factory firmware version and I was very pleasantly surprised that even though it is nominally 5.14.x build (thus newer than 5.13.7 that introduces new UI cr*p to other Kindle models) it doesn't have new UI and I can hide "Home view"/ recommendations , it looks to be quite similar to 5.13.6 on other Kindle models?

( I'm guessing this since I'm coming from PW3 with firmware 5.9.7 , and apart from reordering some options and not-great-but-not-terrible redesign of fonts/Aa menu this looks basically the same as what I'm used to with 5.9.7 with added bonus of making using Screensaver hack unnecessary since book-cover-as-screensaver is official feature on newer firmware)

So ideally I would want to stay on that firmware (forever or at least until Amazon fixes that mess with Collection view on newer UI) but also have the jailbreak

(I already read your Reddit comments about how Kindles with jailbreak can revert back to old UI on 5.14.1 and 5.14.2)

Also does the fact that my PW5 is "Kids Edition"/bundle has any implication firmware-wise and jailbreak-wise?

Last edited by shamanNS; 04-17-2022 at 05:06 PM.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote