View Single Post
Old 06-11-2022, 12:15 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I said 'Nay too boring', but it wasn't all boring for me. It was a long, long time ago that I read it, but I mostly remember several slightly to moderately interesting passages connected by sections of intense 'meh' (if intense 'meh' is even possible). I don't remember feeling it was overly long, so I guess 'too boring' seems the best fit. I didn't hate it by any means, or even really dislike it overall. It just didn't give off any 'this book is special' vibes. Happy to allow the literary world to disagree with me though. It's no skin off my nose.

Being a fan of The Odyssey in general, I think was hoping for a more direct retelling: Like how Michael Hughes' reimagined The Iliad in his novel Country.

It did help me to determine that 'stream of consciousness' writing is not my cup of tea, though. So I thank it for that.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote