View Single Post
Old 12-10-2022, 02:12 AM   #40
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by denisuu View Post
MyDeepGuide has a video where he compares the two: Boox Leaf 2: In-Depth Review
Libra2:
+ Better buttons, waterproof, more user friendly.
- Bigger, weighs more, terrible performance for anything else than e-books.

Leaf2:
+ Beautiful design, weighs less, handles PDF's well, a lot of flexibility.
- Not as intuitive, not waterproof, no kernel sources.
Yeah i wish this had been available when i bought the Libra. The tts and built in speaker are big plus. Lack of waterproofing i consider a plus because i never use mine around water and water proofing only makes it less repairable.

Android is a mixed bag because there's more flexibility but 2gb ram is really limiting. Do you need to root it to run Koreader?

Btw is there a Plato port for boox?

If there were an easy cost free way for me to try it, I'd upgrade and sell my Libra 2
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote