View Single Post
Old 03-03-2023, 09:21 AM   #67
Riter
Riter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Riter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Riter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Riter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Riter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad, pc
UPDATE: The most recent Overdrive for Desktop app was published in 2016. I was using a relic from backup files from a couple of computers ago and the link to update led only to the Libby apps. Overdrive support did come through with a link to the 2016 version and it works. Should you need it, try https://static.od-cdn.com/ODMediaConsoleSetup.msi.

It still won't hurt to urge them to continue to support this app!

We need to bombard Overdrive with howls of anguish. I always transfer my files to a tiny MP3 player with wired earbuds that don't need to be charged. Here are reasons to include in your support pleas:

* My phone is too heavy and I seldom have pockets. That's awkward when I'm out of range for Bluetooth buds

* I can't afford Bluetooth buds that last more than a few weeks and stay charged more than a couple of hours.

* I don't want the distraction of a smartphone always available while I'm listening.

* Bluetooth buds are too easily lost.

I think I also added a few points about visually impaired people and convalescents who listen to books for days at a time and ... get creative! The response confirmed that Libby does not currently support transfer technology, but perhaps it can be added in future versions. Yell people, yell! Also let your libraries know how frantic you are, including the same points. They'll tell you they're powerless, but they can convey user dissatisfaction to Overdrive. Also remind them that if you can't transfer, you'll quit downloading and that impacts their funding.

The link to start a support ticket with Overdrive: https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/72229...a-Support-Form

Last edited by Riter; 03-10-2023 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Update
Riter is offline   Reply With Quote