View Single Post
Old 03-31-2023, 11:47 AM   #41
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
All the ideas in HP are copied.

J. Rowling was just very lucky.
IMO Rowling is not lucky, she can write. She is talented. I suppose talent is luck. You got it or you ain't

I've read John Masefield, The Midnight Folk and I recall no connection except that they are magical. And there is nothing new under the sun, and ideas cannot be copyrighted.

Inspired by English Boarding School stories 1870s to 1980s. Sorry, but that is a silly criticism.

The Ibbotson link is a bit suspect, I'll acknowledge. But I doubt that is as well written.

Also, James Potter is the name of the MC in James and the Giant Peach. An homage?

I do think she is an old boot who doesn't tip. Also, judging by pictures of her childhood home, her tales of poverty are exaggerated. She also crusaded against the Jeremy Corbyn in the UK election, and so helped Bojjer Johnson and the Tories to wreck the country, so I loathe her. But she can write.

Last edited by Pajamaman; 03-31-2023 at 12:01 PM.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote