View Single Post
Old 08-24-2023, 06:08 PM   #563
pazos
cosiņeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorius View Post
@pazos: I looked into tools/calibre/wireless/formats.
I can only select one of the formats, in my case epub was selected. So if i want to select pdf, epub gets disabled. The corresponding help tells me which formats are supported, which is a lot.
But anyway, whenever i try to import a pdf, calibre wants to convert. So no import of pdfs occur!
I said previously:

Quote:
Both the "preferred format" and the entire list we send can be consulted on "tools" -> "calibre" -> "formats"
the checkbox lets you select the "preferred" format (only one). The help shows you the entire list with the "preferred" format as the first element.

The rest of the list is unordered because it doesn't matter.

with no changes on the server (calibre) you should be able to:

send a document that's a pdf as a pdf
send a document that's an epub as an epub
send a document that's both a pdf and a epub as an epub
send any other of the supported documents in their original form.
send any other unsupported documents, which calibre will convert to the first element of the supported list (your preferred one).

On top of that, IIRC, you should be able to send a document that's available in your preferred format and other non-preferred ones in the specific format you like as long as it is supported by us by using calibre facilities to send specific formats to a device.

Feel free to try to reproduce your current issue on a clean calibre install with no changes on the smart device app.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote