View Single Post
Old 11-14-2023, 01:06 AM   #70
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
New Kobo coming? Which?

Quote:
Originally Posted by enuddleyarbl View Post
We've been logging on with our individual library cards. I've hesitated to use an actual Overdrive account because I didn't want Overdrive to sell someone the lists of every book we've ever borrowed.

I've also confirmed that we can log in to Overdrive on our Kobos with our library cards at 2 of our 3 possible libraries (one at a time, of course) even though they both say they're now Libby only. So, that's good. Of course, being able to use Libby on the devices would be really nice, too. But, I'd guess that would take a lot more memory and processing power (and I don't know if an e-ink display could even handle Libby).

I’ve not had Overdrive sell my information, and I’ve used them for years. I hope that sets those particular fears to rest.

In order to utilize Libby for multi-library loans, please follow these steps exactly. You need to log into Overdrive on your Kobo with your Overdrive account, NOT your individual library card. Choose a local library when prompted. This will become the main library that you borrow from within the Kobo device. Then log in using your Overdrive account. At this point, I would select Browse and surf the Kobo store. Attempt to borrow any random ebook to make sure that syncing and downloading works. Then return the ebook by long pressing on the book in Home or My Books. Make sure that works, too.

You don’t access Libby on your Kobo. You access it on your mobile device. Open the app, and in this case, you opt to log in with the library card of the main library you selected on you Kobo. Now your Kobo is synced to the Libby app through your Overdrive account.

Skip Kindle. Presto! Any book you borrow will appear on your Kobo.

Press the middle icon in Libby and add all your cards. Any book you borrow in the app from any library will sync to your Kobo *provided it is available through the Kobo Store*. I hope this helps.

Last edited by Cootey; 11-14-2023 at 01:10 AM.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote