View Single Post
Old 12-16-2023, 05:00 PM   #20
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Similarly I can cut grass or some other repetitive task while concentrating on an audio book or radio play, but not write / program / edit etc.
Exactly! Concentrating on something with a plot when I'm also concentrating on another task is too much. If I'm driving, I either have the radio on or (if I'm alone) it's something banal I can sing along to which doesn't require me to focus on the music (or whatever). About the only music I can listen to when I'm working is something soothing that is effectively background music - I like the Myst game soundtracks for that, but that's only 5 albums...
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote