View Single Post
Old 12-16-2023, 05:05 PM   #21
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
This model only makes sense for those who subscribe to Spotify for the music. If you're looking to Spotify just for access to audiobooks, look elsewhere.

Spotify is $11/month and you get unlimited rental access to their music and podcast catalogs, but only 15 hours rental access to their audiobook catalog of 200,000+ titles. On average, that equates to one or possibly two audiobooks per month (depending on length). If you need more hours that month to finish a longer book or to finish a second book you started, it'll cost you $13 for 10 additional hours. Overall, this is way too expensive just to rent 1 or 2 audiobooks a month. There are cheaper alternatives out there.

On a positive note, this has the potential to introduce audiobooks to music listeners who haven't tried them before. This might then hook them on audiobooks and lead them to some of the major vendors for cheaper alternatives.

As for me, I love audiobooks and since I subscribe to Spotify for the music anyway, I'm definitely taking advantage of this new benefit. It's a bonus for me.

Note: Spotify does sell audiobooks and a membership is not required. But, those books are quite expensive and you're better off looking elsewhere.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote