View Single Post
Old 01-01-2024, 03:39 PM   #13
foice
Enthusiast
foice once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.foice once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.foice once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.foice once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.foice once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.foice once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.foice once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.foice once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.foice once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.foice once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.foice once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Android reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
It's just like all large amounts of data, one does it as one goes along. You like to edit your books: if you have ten, twenty or fifty eBooks, you might think it is a good idea, but hundreds, thousands, ...?

Paper books take up a lot of space, the type may not be big enough, the formatting my not be to a person's liking, ... there are many reasons why people buy eBooks over pbooks.
If I may add. I am not a big fan of the "desktop folder" that many OS have in their GUI. But I have to admit that for a limited amounts of files I have seen people organizing their material on the desktop folder quite efficiently. You put what you need where you remember it is and where it needs to be when you need it.

Of course if you put too much stuff on it then it stops working. I believe that, especially for things for which we (old enough) have a taste for their physical experience, having "desktop folder"-like solution to sort and organize makes sense, more than having _only_ algorithmic sorting.

For context ... I often to the bookstore, see books, read a bit and then decide if I want to buy on paper (seldom) or get the ebook. Here most places sell both versions at this point.
foice is offline   Reply With Quote