View Single Post
Old 01-05-2024, 10:26 AM   #5
Ico
Enthusiast
Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ico knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
calibre does not use google apis it queries the same urls as you do when you use a browser. And google rate limits these queries to 50 odd a day.
That is great. That is what i was meaning to actually ask, sorry i kind of got confused i am trying to finish several projects.

That is what i meant.

Could you please tell me the workflow in a sentence or two.
What websites do you use and would headless browser and selenium be enough?

I wanted to also use a browser but was worried that that site or the search engine might block me.
Someone praised my project and said it would help them with 50000 books.

I immediately thought that my project couldn't accomplish that task and have spent days trying to make it happen as it would be a nice feature as I am working on my portfolio.

I thought about the complexity of the algorithm but even if it were O(n ^ n) even a million operations isn't much and if i get into trouble i could port that python code to go and revert back when Python supersedes the GIL.

The logic i found here:
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...mazon.py#L1094
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...ngines.py#L177

goes way over my head.

I don't know if i should be focusing exclusively on cached pages and instant searches or if i could just do a search for {Title} AND {Author} with {publisher}, {rating}, {rating_count} IN.
Ico is offline   Reply With Quote