View Single Post
Old 01-25-2024, 01:35 PM   #97
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Two things: The sense memory, again; that satisfying "chunk" when you took a drawer out and put it on a table, and the feel of the index cards as you flipped through them. Oh, and one more -- seeing cards that went way back and were handwritten. The jumble was aesthetically pleasing.

The other was the serendipity of it, as you flipped through the cards you'd run across a book you'd never heard of, but was exactly the kind of thing you wanted to read.
I too remember spending hours browsing the index cards, but again, I actually hated it. I searched them because I wanted to find something specific, but I never enjoyed it. And I often got a headache browsing them, with their microscopic print.

I just don't get the attraction paper seems to hold for many people even now. I've never felt it, even though I grew up with paper books like most of you.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote