View Single Post
Old 01-30-2024, 06:50 AM   #125
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Not quite right, John F. Plug it in when the database was not properly closed and get the database corrupted message. No need to transfer books or unplug it.

OTOH, since I backup the database once per day, the times that this has caused me any issues are nonexistent. If you don't backup your database, you get to sign out and sign in which does not remove sideloaded content which will be re-imported as part of the sign in.

Rather unlike my Kindle Paperwhite 10th gen. which on Saturday when I connected it to WiFi for the first time since before Christmas decided to wipe my sideloaded content. Not that it matters much since most of that sideloaded content was from books that I was formatting/editing for others but for others, it might be just a touch more important.

So to me, Amazon seems to be the better choice for side loading, as I wouldn't be turning on WIFI. Those Kobos are so unjoyful.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote