View Single Post
Old 03-14-2024, 07:02 AM   #53
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Normally I would say "no", but I guess I do. I use calibre's editor to remove fonts, compress images, and delete non used stuff. I'll use calibre to make sure I like the metadata. I'll do an conversion (usually epub to epub) to get the look I like.

Not sure why I don't consider the above editing.
And thinking about this some more, I do edit/modify.

Bottom line, .epub, .mobi, .kfx, ... are all ebooks. If I change anything in the ebook file, I have edited/modified it. Even going so far as just changing the compression of an epub, would be editing/modifying it.

Whether it is done with an editor, calibre, command line tools, ... anything that changes the content of the file is editing.

IMO.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote