View Single Post
Old 03-16-2024, 12:20 PM   #47
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
As an experiment, you might also want to try setting the display scaling to 100%. A while back I had an issue with an app using Qt6 that was not happy with some fonts that QT6 interpreted as passing invalid data when the display scaling was not 100%.
Bingo! I typically run at 125% on this laptop, but changing it to 100% allows the epub in question to load without crashing Sigil. So it IS Qt6. It also explains why it seems to be manifesting more on laptops. But I would expect anyone using a highdpi monitor with Windows to be running a scaling greater than 100%, no?

Unfortunately, telling users to change to 100% scaling isn't really a viable workaround. It'd be easier to tell them to ditch the woff fonts!

I don't really know where to begin.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 03-16-2024 at 12:23 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote