View Single Post
Old 03-20-2024, 06:05 PM   #20
cellaris
Addict
cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Tolino, Bookeen, Onyx Boox, Boyue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaenor View Post
For any owners out there: Do devices with colour-screen support consume the battery charge faster than purely B&W ereaders? Does it depend on the colour vs B&W documents?
It will depend on the battery of the device and whether it is used with the illumination on or off. As indicated above, having a darker screen means that the illumination of the e-reader is normally used at higher levels, which is compensated for by a more powerful battery. In my particular case (Onyx Boox Tab Mini C) the battery life is similar to the average of my monochrome e-readers (which varies according to their characteristics).

In any case, each user has a different way of using their colour e-readers. Some people use them with the light always off (even if the screen is darker), others use them in a mixed mode (pure text with illumination; images -comics- without illumination, because the colour corrects to some extent the darkness of the screen). I prefer to use the lighting always on (except outdoors). Generalisations should be taken with caution.
cellaris is offline   Reply With Quote