View Single Post
Old 03-21-2024, 12:59 PM   #27
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellaris View Post
Of course it can be used without lighting indoors. And with a reading lamp in the background, too. Just because I prefer to do it with the lighting on (as I also do with monochrome e-readers) doesn't mean that others can't do it with the lighting off. What you can't do at all is with a tablet.
Looks like you are sitting near a window. Also we have gloomy skies. And it looks terrible!

I adjust my monitor or tablet screen so peak white is slightly dimmer than laser printing paper would be at the same ambient light. If it looks illuminated it's too bright.
About 8% for the LG monitor.
The Nxtpaper 11 is at about 12% to 16% at night and 22% to 26% in daytime. Only outdoors needs it higher.

I have had a pretty good Lenovo tablet, but I didn't read on it, except web, messages, etc. I'd read on my monitor in preference. It is too shiny. The 10.3" Elipsa eink wasn't quite good enough for scanned content, only enough for modern manuals and proofing POD, but the later no-glare 23″ LG 4K HDR monitor is better than the Elipsa to proof PDFs for POD, so with getting that and the Sage the 10.3" Elipsa has been redundant even before the Nxtpaper 11 came a month ago.

I'm a massive fan of mono eink for reading novels and have 4.7", 5", 6" (167 dpi and 300 dpi), 7", 7.8", 8", 9.7" (150 dpi) and 10.3" (223 dpi?). I prefer 8″, but 4.7" to 6" is handier for pockets.

Last edited by Quoth; 03-21-2024 at 01:11 PM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote