View Single Post
Old 04-01-2024, 01:41 PM   #33
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I semi-successfully installed KOReader on a Nook Glowlight, but it looked like a royal pain to set up... For now I put KOReader on the back burner. I don't really see why I would need it. I've read elsewhere that it doesn't render fonts as nicely as the built-in PocketBook software.
I felt like that initially, but whilst bored one train journey I challenged myself to explore the many features and settings. I tried setting up a book to read after tweaking settings to make my reading experience as comfortable as possible; tuned for my minimalist preference, but progress, time and battery status just a tap away.

Assigning corner press shortcuts has been useful. I use a corner long-press to close KOReader, a short press to switch to night-mode, another to disable touch input, and another to bring up my reading statistics for the book (a feature I never even knew I was missing).

Having the dictionary constantly active is a huge boon for me over the PBReader, it's quite annoying to keep having to enable it in PBReader.

The fonts look as good to me as they do in PBReader. Plus in KOReader you can make many mode adjustments including font weight.

Now I've spent time with KOReader, there's just no going back to the PBReader.

P.s. There's also a great Crossword plugin for KOReader that has (nearly) all the NYT crosswords from 1976-2017.

Last edited by neil_swann80; 04-01-2024 at 01:59 PM.
neil_swann80 is offline   Reply With Quote