View Single Post
Old 04-03-2024, 11:48 AM   #144
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That $50 software was stolen. The underlying code that does the work was not theirs. They stole it and are charging people for code they did not write and have no permission to sell. They are very sleazy. I begrudge them everything.
As someone who has contributed to that free codebase over the years, I don't care that they're using the code. I don't really even begrudge them charging for their derivative product. I do agree, however, that they are sleazy. But only because they don't give credit where credit is due. But then acting "dishonorably" isn't really a charge that carries a lot of weight these days.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote