View Single Post
Old 04-03-2024, 02:15 PM   #147
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I've been following any developments in deDRMing closely since 2011. Back then it was easy; now it's harder (the Amazon DRM part, that is), but if you regularly monitor the relevant threads and topics here, it's not that difficult either. And I say that as a person with no technical or IT background at all. It's only difficult if you don't keep track of various DRM threads and have to search for information every time something stops working.

I get it, people may have little time and/or energy to constantly monitor the DRM threads here, both old and new. And then they're caught off guard when their set-up stops working, again. But there's no help for it other than to keep your information as up-to-date as possible.
For what it may be worth, of the last 5 people I've helped either with direct contact or private messaging in setting calibre/DeDRM, none of them were particularly techie and all 5 managed to get calibre/DeDRM running with a bit of work on their part and a few pointers from me. For 2 of them, the important advice was pointing them at the NoDRM repository, the other 3 had already found it on their own.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote