View Single Post
Old 04-03-2024, 10:03 PM   #160
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
I can't believe that people here did not recognize "literal" vs. "hyperbole". I figured all 27,000,000,000,000 of the members here would know what hyperbole was.
Quote:
I never said that his statement was not factually correct either. Where are you coming up with these things that you claim I said?
Are you going to deny the quote from your message above? Since the statement was obviously not literal since it can and was proven to be untrue and hyberbole, by definition, is making a false statement for whatever reason. See "hyperbole is not intended to be taken as an accurate representation of reality." What do you call a deliberate statement that is not an accurate representation of reality? Statistics?

Quote:
Are you claiming that if I said, "Wow, it's raining cats and dogs out there!" that I am the epitome of a dishonest person? Hyperbole is not the same as lying in an attempt to deceive, no matter how far you try take such a silly literal interpretation.
What I am saying is that in a debate about facts, hyperbole has no place since it is deliberate misrepresentation of the facts. What you want to say about the weather outside of a debate is not relevant. The poster attempted to deceive people about the number of posts about DRM in a single thread (a "megathread" was the exact wording I seem to remember reading) as proving his hypotheses that configuring DRM removal was not easy.

I will admit that your apparent approval of inserting false statements into what should have been a factual discussion is a bit disconcerting.

Would you have acted as an apologist for me if I had written:
<hyperbole on>
I have installed calibre and DeDRM on thousands hyperbole in effect
of computers and it was an embarrassinglyhyperbole in effect
easy task even the very first time.
<hyperbole off>

Last edited by DNSB; 04-03-2024 at 10:10 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote