View Single Post
Old 04-04-2024, 07:31 PM   #171
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
With your help. You get that, right? You HELPED them. Help was needed.

We help people here all the time, because help is needed.

If it were easy, people wouldn't need help.
You did read what I wrote? I not certain how much help supplying a URL counts as. The total time spent on the help was insignificant, maybe 15 minutes total. I spend more time sending links to Kobo firmware images in a week.

As for if it were easy, people wouldn't need help? Tell that to anyone who has not worked in IT and had to deal with endusers. Someone who has never had to deal with a user who thinks that the power switch on their monitor is how to turn off the computer ( I turned it off and then back on but it's still stuck on the same screen. What do I do now?). Someone who has never had to deal with a person who added their user name spelled using ' - /\/\arcus' to filenames and wanted to know why this didn't work on a work computer. The popup box saying "A filename cannot contain any of the following characters: \ / : * ? " < >" was not enough of a clue? There were so many more examples that I saw through my career where easy was more a figment of someone's imagination than a reality. Examples that made me happy that I was able to move into infrastructure and network support. Servers, switches, access points, firewalls, etc. are a lot easier to deal with than endusers.

Last edited by DNSB; 04-04-2024 at 07:33 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote