View Single Post
Old 04-09-2024, 03:29 PM   #16
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Added: if you were to ask me to rank the issues raised here against the issue of Tab shifting focus between windows, I'd probably rank the latter lower. I put that down to BekkyEbook's .qss patch. IMO it should be a built-in preference in all Qt apps… spotting which control has focus is also hard in other Qt based applications I use.
BR
Unfortunately, QWebEgineViews (Preview) do not allow stylesheets at all so making Preview show that it has focus is not easy.

I have to wrap Preview in another widget and then manually track focus in and focus out of Preview because for some reason it is does not detect it has focus (even if you properly set the FocusProxy) and therefore does not get influenced by BeckyEbook's qss at all. So we would have to manually set the border red at the code level on focusIn and manualy remove the border on focusOut.

To make matters worse, Qt only supports a single stylesheet at the application level and will not merge or inherit from multiple qss styles at once.

So what I really need to hear is from people who have played around with BeckyEbook's qss focus border on all platforms under both light and dark mode to see if it works (aside from Preview) and to see if this is a real change to keep on 100% of the time.

So feedback appreciated on showing focus with a solid red line as the default and only behaviour (ie. that can not be turned off).

Last edited by KevinH; 04-09-2024 at 03:31 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote