View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 05:21 PM   #17
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I haven't been able to find any articles on this. But I just signed in to the Kobo website on a new laptop and was met with a message saying Kobo ended their partnership with Walmart. I didn't think to take a screenshot. Anyone have anything further?

Anyway, not a shock. Walmart had a good idea, but in Google fashion, they launched a program and then immediately lost focus on it.
Apparently they were disappointed with early sale's figures because I remember seeing their plans to expand their Kobo sections (six months after they originally put Kobo's on shelves, in the stores they were in) but that never materialized.

I think the idea was to compete with Amazon directly in eBooks but it looks like they gave up on that scheme early on. Too bad, I would have liked the idea of sending people to Walmart to buy Kobos. They also seemed to want to push VuDu as their "Prime" video competition, but that seemed to have fizzled out also.

I wonder if the Clara I bought from Walmart will lose its Walmart branding? (I can make it go away, but it comes back from time to time.) For a short while I had a Walmart/Kobo account that they kept wanting me to merge with my Kobo one, but I closed out that account within a few months and logged in with Kobo, even though Walmart was the first choice.

Maybe they can buy spaces in Best Buy like other retailers do.

Last edited by rcentros; 04-10-2024 at 05:26 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote