View Single Post
Old 04-13-2024, 12:04 PM   #12
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Try both Gboard handwriting on Android 8 and later (check ALL settings first, and digitizer not needed) and Nebo on Android (€10 approx) on an Android with digitiser and a pen (or maybe the full iOS version with Apple Pencil to see PDF support), never mind Kobo Sage or Elipsa. The reMarkable used to do handwriting like the Scribe with their server to convert. I think a recent FW update may have added Nebo. Then tell me Amazon isn't suffering from a mix of "Not invented here" and "All your stuff belong us!" Compare full Nebo with OneNote!

On device handwriting conversion can use a smarter approach than OCR does and offers instant preview (with ability to select an alternate, but not on eink). Even without correction it's good enough for a draft of a story or taking live notes at a meeting.

If you are ever transiting Shannon or visiting Ireland I can show you the source code of server (cloud) applications (I think I have a copy somewhere), Windows, DOS, embedded Linux, micro controllers in high level languages etc. Even having the Server stuff running local on a VM it was a horror to develop and debug compared to a Document Management system in VB6+ Modula2, a platfom game in Modula-2 with multitasking multimedia on DOS, a JAL based PIC 18F with LCD and RDS decoding, a 4G phone/PDA running Debian.

Last edited by Quoth; 04-13-2024 at 12:09 PM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote