View Single Post
Old 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM   #60
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Okay my experiments have reached a point I think they might be useable to others on other platforms.

And no, I haven't started on any of the tab order nonsense yet.

I have pushed changes to master that do the following:

1. refined the Highlight Focus Widget stuff and tried to enable platform
specific highlight colors, added in highlighting for Preview and CodeView

2. added in the double width cursor code (with no Sigil preferences setting yet)
To enable it set the following environment variable:

SIGIL_DOUBLE_TEXTCURSOR_WIDTH

it is checked once at Sigil startup only

3. Specific to macOS - all of the QDockWidget code was basically broken on macOS under dark mode themes as the titlebar of the QDockWidgets were never updated and if updated, the titlebar close and float buttons were unreadable as they were designed
to be useful only under light mode.

I have added workarounds for all of this including new macstyle dockwidget buttons in svg fixed so that they work under both light and dark and new stylesheet to use them.

I have pushed this so that others who build their own might be able to test the new Focus Highlight setting, and set the environment variable to double the cursor width.

Please let me know of any difficulties you run into.

I will start to play around with tab order to see what if anything can be done.

When testing the focus highlight code, please remove BeckyEbook's qss code that does that from your qt_styles.qss file first so that we can test what the final version can do and what is missing.

All feedback on these changes welcome.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote