View Single Post
Old 04-15-2024, 08:56 AM   #30
JBaby
Zealot
JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 11th Gen Paperwhite SE, 2021 iPad Pro 11” & iPhone 11 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
One thing I wish Google and other companies would learn from Apple is not to quit so quickly on something. I do think Kobo could have caught on it the had set up small displays in the book section rather than with the tablets and laptops (and if they did it in more stores).
Yes!!! Companies just give up way too soon. And then they don’t even do all things necessary to give the product a real shot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I liked that you could walk into a Walmart and see Kobos, but I only saw a couple stores that had them. (And I think they only ever carried one model, the Aura edition 2.) I think they also had a tablet — I don't even think it was one of theirs, just a Sony (or something) with Kobo software.

Walmart actually owned Vudu for 10 years, but I think they really gave it a push in their stores when they made the agreement with Rakuten to sell Kobos (about 2018).

The deal to become a Kobo dealer also involved some kind of deal for Walmart in Japan with Rakuten (can't remember the details any more).
They never came to my store either. I don’t think they came to any store in my area and I was shocked by that because one of the bigger stores in my area is in a college town. I was highly disappointed. I’m almost certain I’d have bought one if they had made them available. This what I meant when I said companies don’t do all the necessary things to give a product a fair shot.
JBaby is offline   Reply With Quote