View Single Post
Old 04-29-2024, 04:35 AM   #1
bkpsusmitaa
bkpsusmitaa does all things with Zen-like beautybkpsusmitaa does all things with Zen-like beautybkpsusmitaa does all things with Zen-like beautybkpsusmitaa does all things with Zen-like beautybkpsusmitaa does all things with Zen-like beautybkpsusmitaa does all things with Zen-like beautybkpsusmitaa does all things with Zen-like beautybkpsusmitaa does all things with Zen-like beautybkpsusmitaa does all things with Zen-like beautybkpsusmitaa does all things with Zen-like beautybkpsusmitaa does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: calibre in debian bullseye
Hello, Forum Admins, Leaders and Senior Members!

I have been using Calibre for a few years now as an ebook reader.

I am interested in creating a word/phrase Index usually available at the end of a book and linking them to the places where the words or phrases are.

I can use a python script for sorting out words (greater than 3 chars) and phrases.

I was wondering if I could learn to incorporate the aforesaid list available with the text document in calibre in a WYSIWYG environment. So that I could click on a particular word or a phrase in the index created with the said list and let Calibre take me to the word. I have already seen this in Calibre and the xml codes available.

I have used recoll+xapian to create a database of words and also binary string searches for a zim desktop wiki multiple text files, but the recoll frontend can not used for a book. An index at the end of a book is the preferred system.

This was my primary objective for my initially joining the MobileRead forums. I also see that there are avenues for further growth.

I would expect that the forums assists in my growth.

Best wishes,
Rajib
bkpsusmitaa is offline   Reply With Quote