View Single Post
Old 04-29-2024, 06:03 PM   #5
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
I am still encountering this problem and wondering how to correct it.

Will there be any messages logged on the PW4 when I plug it in that might clarify why it is only allowing a read-only mount? I have USBNetworking installed and can SSH into the PW4 over WiFi, so I should be able to issue commands to retrieve messages from the log.

Any help appreciated.

Dave
Code:
dmesg | tail
on both the kindle and your computer shortly after connecting them by USB might provide some clues.

I never put any of my kindles into USB mass storage mode and use scp to copy files in either direction.

With no USB connection, can you write to /mnt/us using an on kindle terminal or ssh?
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote