View Single Post
Old 05-01-2024, 06:31 AM   #4
bkpsusmitaa
bkpsusmitaa does all things with Zen-like beautybkpsusmitaa does all things with Zen-like beautybkpsusmitaa does all things with Zen-like beautybkpsusmitaa does all things with Zen-like beautybkpsusmitaa does all things with Zen-like beautybkpsusmitaa does all things with Zen-like beautybkpsusmitaa does all things with Zen-like beautybkpsusmitaa does all things with Zen-like beautybkpsusmitaa does all things with Zen-like beautybkpsusmitaa does all things with Zen-like beautybkpsusmitaa does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: calibre in debian bullseye
More questions ...

Thank you, Mr. theducks and Mr. BetterRed, for replying to my first time. What are you two?! AIs?! Your Karmas and the number of your posts are mindboggling! Wow!

Mr. BetterRed, I had been to your suggested webpage.The first reply itself says that "writing WITH Sigil is generally a bad idea".

Mr. ButterRed, I am trying to understand your purpose, not to criticise your approach: was it necessary to quote my entire post? I would have done it like:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkpsusmitaa View Post
I have been using Calibre ... Best wishes ...
My content is a digital inter-linked book, with a lot of links between pages within. I created it in Zim Desktop Wiki in Debian Bullseye.

Presently, I am concerned with Indexing. If you say that calibre doesn't have a tool to index, then it is futile to continue learning Calibre for this purpose.

But I have read books in Calibre, each of which has a wonderfully linked index at the end of each book. The ebook-editor accompanying the package `calibre`, run by its desktop icon, or command `ebook-edit`, shows an index at the end of a book as an xml file,
Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
so wonderfully laid out, with extensively indexed word-list, each of which faithfully leads to the linked text.

In zim, extensive cross-linking can be accomplished with Tags. But I haven't learnt zim that much to determine if I could use indexing there.

I am an author, a creator. I am not a programmer or a developer. So I find myself limited on this front.
bkpsusmitaa is offline   Reply With Quote