View Single Post
Old 05-02-2024, 10:43 PM   #20
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackm8 View Post
I can't find any documentation that Print Replica books support searchable text. I don't think that it's Kindle Previewer that ditches OCR. This happens already with Kindle Create. As soon as I throw any PDF with OCR in it, it already disappears in the programs ui. I can attach pictures and videos to it. Those then work in Kindle Previewer, but get lost once converted and transferred to Kindle. I assume that when PDF with searchable text is transferred via Send to Kindle, it goes through a different converter.
It is definitely Kindle Previewer stripping it out. KC encapsulates part of the workflow of Send to Kindle service, it produces input for the KFX creation (which there needs to handle all dialects of KPF). It would make no sense to produce Print Replica books in Kindle store without any searchable content: it is the whole point of that format.

I have used KC to determine why S2K fails to convert some PDF. It's usually the case that if KC is happy, S2K is as well. And KC gets frequent updates, I assume in parallel with updates to S2K.

KP will do a more credible job with Manga/comics, and other fixed layout content, which does not have searchable text or hyperlinks in the first place.

Last edited by tomsem; 05-02-2024 at 10:56 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote