View Single Post
Old 05-05-2024, 05:24 AM   #14
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn680 View Post
Primarily looking for an OEM Sony case for the PRS-650. Think the model number is PRSA-SC65. Not interested as much in the OEM lighted cover since the Glocusent should do a better job. Also have a PRS-950 without a case, so would be interested in a cover without light for that one also.
Unfortunately I don't have either. And, today, when charging a PRS-300 the plastic strip that holds in the reader, broke at the top (where it clips in). The plastic in these cases is getting brittle as are the styluses for the PRS-350s. One of those broke a little while ago. So I would have trouble selling these cases even if I had any. I don't know how long they're going to last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn680 View Post
On the Glocusent lights, you may want to order the other and then return the one less preferable. The clip on the flip-up/thicker one slides easily and stays snugly secured on the back cover.
The one I've got is going to work well. With the old Sonys I take them out of their cases when reading with them because the cases don't bend over on themselves (and are uncomfortable to use). But I can clip the Glocusent on the left, top corner and it lights up the screen very nicely with a nice amber glow. The light will also stand on its own, which will be useful for working on stuff in low light. So I'm happy with the light.

I forgot I had a Kobo Clip light, which fits well on the Sony PRS-505, but it's brighter than the Glocusent and only has white light.

Anyhow, thanks for the heads-up on the Glocusent lights. These are nice.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote