View Single Post
Old 05-14-2024, 06:58 AM   #29
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO.PocketBook.ONYX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anghirrim View Post

While for calling home for the sake of cloud synchronization or updates check, when I do not have a cloud account or don't ask for update, the device should not do it (or at least not once every 2 to 5mn).
I have a suspicion that you consider everything to be some kind of collected information, which is not true.

The requests you see are preferably used for direct communications requiring a reliable connection, all applications or OS use them, it is not a collection of personal information. If you install LineageOS you also see that it sends and receives requests, just like your phone or PC which asks your router if everything is ok and if it can access the internet. (even several times per minute)

Dozens or even hundreds of such requests are sent and received, it is nothing unusual, ten requests are really one fish in the sea.

Seeing some information on the screen is one thing and knowing what it means is another.

I understand that nowadays you can't trust much, but it's also not worth being on your toes because your device will wake up and ask something, or check if everything is in order, if everything is securely connected, if the user has access to services or application access and if those applications are up-to-date and safe.

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 05-14-2024 at 07:07 AM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote